Sunday, October 21, 2012

Welcome to Омӯхтан @ Blogger



Welcome, whether you have found me here from the old site or you are newly here. 

I have moved from my other site to make this blog more public, and because the other host was having great difficulty working for some reason. I have uploaded a few of the posts that I wrote for the old site so that this is not starting from scratch in October when I arrived two months ago in August. 

I hesitated to start a blog because I didn't (still don't) want to say something blatantly wrong, or inadvertently offend someone. I was afraid to make a wrong step, especially in public view. I don't think that I'm so important that my voice must be heard. Travel blogs are mostly the same, and mostly say the same things. It is not unbroken ground.

But I want to share what I am learning, even if I am wrong or unoriginal. Mostly with my family and friends at home, but also with anyone else who is interested in Tajikistan. I realized that I was eager to swallow anything that I could find before I arrived.

Please let me know if I say something interesting, or offensive, or wonderful, or wrong, or all of the above. I want to know, and would love to talk about it.

I hope that autumn is falling well for you; we are drowning in apples here. I was given something close to 50 apples in Shahristan this week, so yesterday I made an apple pie, today Sarah made apple cookies, and we've been giving away apples as gifts. We still have a ways to go. Maybe we could get serious about winter preparation and make apple butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment